11 September 2009

Call to Remembrance

We remember so many people today whose lives were set on a new course eight years ago. My friend, Todd Beamer, who was a year behind me at Wheaton College is first among them for me. He reminded us all that even in death, one can change lives and live out faith. We also remember the many who died at the Pentagon that day and subsequently, and in New York City. I remember these men and women, the members of the IL-ARNG 1544th Transportation Company, and all who have sacrificed over the last eight years.

Some suggested actions: sponsor a Gold Star Family, donate to TAPS, or sponsor a memorial site, or participate in a memorial.

The first video below is written as a request for forgiveness, but the lyrics have haunted me since learning it days after the 9/11 attacks. The second is from the Brahm's 'A German Requiem.'


News widget by Feedzilla


RSS news feeds and News widgets

Buzz of the Day

Apture